Sometimes it's just handy to have some quick and easy recipes up your sleeve to prepare for the kids. How about these delicious parmesan chicken tenders ...
· 1 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
· 3 tablespoons fine-ground cornmeal
· 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
· 1 large egg, lightly beaten
· 8 chicken breast tenders (about 1 1/4 pounds)
· 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
· Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine all-purpose flour, cornmeal, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt in a medium shallow dish.
2. Combine buttermilk and egg in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
4. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
We love to Linku2 childcare options, information and advice for those little treasures in your life!